Your First Visit, the Initial Consultation
The first visit to the orthodontist is a consultation. This initial visit is a complimentary, thorough examination to evaluate your orthodontic needs. We will address your concerns and discuss possible treatment options. To complete our diagnosis, orthodontic records will need to be taken. We will reserve time for the specialized x-rays, photographs, and impressions and have you return for a presentation appointment to discuss our treatment plan and financial options.
The initial appointment(s) to place orthodontic appliances are typically 1 to 2 hours in length. Following placement of appliances, most orthodontic appointments are 15 to 30 minutes in length about 4 to 8 weeks apart. We have designed our schedule to make the best use of both your and our time. We make every effort to be on time while trying to accommodate our patients; scheduling needs.
Many factors affect the timing of an appointment. One of the most important is how much time we need to devote to you. Longer, more time intensive appointments tend to be available in the morning or early afternoon. This allows us to offer more appointments in the late afternoon.
Our schedule is carefully planned so the doctors can give each patient focused attention.
Some key scheduling tips include:
- Scheduling your next appointment before you leave the office.
- Bringing your calendar, planner, or PDA to the office.
- If you must reschedule, calling as soon as possible.
Missing your scheduled appointments will extend your treatment time, so we have three ways to help minimize missed appointments: our automated telephone reminder system, e-mail and text messaging. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 - 5:00. We have a rotating schedule between our three locations. You will see the same friendly faces no matter which office you visit!
Payment and Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient's problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We offer flexible payment plans to suit different budgets, including a no down payment option. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for everyone and will work with you to meet your individual financial needs.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months.
- We also participate with both CareCredit and Chase Health Advance.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa and Mastercard, and Discover.
If you have insurance, we will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf. We accept direct payment from most Delta Dental plans. We are happy to do the paperwork for you to be reimbursed from any other insurance plan.
Convenient Online Services
We know how busy you are. That's why we're committed to providing you superior, leading-edge service. With our secure online service you will be able to:
- View your appointment and account information any time;
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders;
- Check your payment history and see current charges;
- Print out flex spending reimbursement and tax receipts.